Dr. Bobby Ma
|Posted on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 09:22 am: |
If you are interested in the following job posting, please send your CV and Cover Letter to me by noon next Monday (July 24). Note that this is an internship position, so it is only available to students who will graduate by this September.
Network Analyst/Network Engineer – Network Infrastructure Certification Lab (NICL)
For over 100 years, Bell Canada has served Canadians’ communication needs, with local and long distance phone services, wireless voice services, Internet access, home television and other solutions and services to Canadian homes and businesses.
This career opportunity is with the IP/MPLS Network Technology Development team at Bell Canada’s Toronto IP Innovation Centre in downtown Toronto. The selected candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for developing solutions and services for Bell Canada’s regional and national networks. The work consists of lab research, development, product assessment & verifications and associated reporting for introduction into production networks.
Key Job duties / accountabilities:
• Deliver high quality and timely testing services in support of new IP/MPLS technologies introduction and new products development, including virtualization of some network functions and services.
• Support IP Technology strategy analysis (e.g. conduct Internet market research, emerging technology analysis, and proofs of concepts).
• Perform data analysis and conduct laboratory experiments, including the build of set-ups and appropriate network configurations. Based on testing results, provide proper networks architectures or configuration /equipment parameters / technology limitations / deployment recommendations to Networks Architecture, Engineering and Ops teams.
• Identify & prioritize jointly with Operations and Architecture teams any issues identified during testing cycle. Follow-up with vendors, ensure critical problems are timely addressed.
• Work closely with senior team members, technology subject matter experts, operational teams and vendors to develop and deliver new services and IP core network technologies.
• Provide consultation on IP/MPLS technologies as subject matter expert.
• Maintain a good level knowledge on IP/MPLS technology and cloud computing industry trends and directions.
• Provide support to architecture and operational teams on the development/evaluation/introduction of IP/MPLS technologies and services.
Essential skills / competencies:
• Sound knowledge on Layer 4-7 of the Network OSI Model
• Sound knowledge on Application layer protocols and how they work (DNS, RADIUS, LDAP, … etc.)